We are prioritizing the health and safety of our campus community in all of our plans for the Fall 2020 academic semester. These are the guidelines we are following:
- The well-being of our campus community is and will remain paramount in our decision-making process. All other considerations are subordinate to the health and safety of those who learn, teach, work and live on our campus.
- We will continue to rely on our world-renowned infectious disease and public health experts to guide our decision-making for our return to on-campus operations. We will use evidence and science to monitor our strategies and develop interventions as needed.
- We remain committed to our primary mission to serve as a leading global public research university as we teach a diverse community of undergraduate, graduate and professional students to become the next generation of leaders and to solve the grand challenges of our time.
- We are focused on providing world-class in-person, hybrid and remote instruction and student support that will provide the most flexibility and choice for our students while also promoting the safety and health of our students, faculty and staff.
- We are developing this Roadmap as a living document that will change based on information that becomes available, providing off-ramps for the summer or fall should there be safety concerns, including a second wave of the pandemic, that require us to alter our plans.
- We will communicate with our student and their families, our faculty and our staff on a regular basis and will share decisions and rationales as the campus navigates the Roadmap.