Influenza can be a serious, contagious respiratory disease. The best way to prevent seasonal flu is to be vaccinated every year. This year, getting your flu vaccination is even more important. Being vaccinated against influenza will help reduce the overall burden of respiratory diseases and help conserve health care resources.
There are several opportunities for UNC-Chapel Hill community members to obtain a flu vaccination on campus:
- Student Stores Pharmacy – Offers no-appointment flu shots for students, faculty and staff during operating hours (Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.) The Student Stores Pharmacy is located on the 3rd floor of the Student Stores Building. Medicare plans not accepted. Please bring a copy of your insurance card.
- Campus Health Pharmacy – Located in the basement of Campus Health, the pharmacy offers walk-in flu shots for students, faculty and staff Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Medicare plans not accepted. Please bring a copy of your insurance card.
- University Employee Occupational Health Clinic (UEOHC) – Offers flu vaccinations only for University health care personnel (including the School of Medicine) and other personnel who are part of the Immunization Review Program. Flu vaccinations are available during walk-in hours between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. on Thursdays and Fridays.
- Campus Walk-in Clinics – Several walk-up flu vaccination clinics will be offered at various locations across campus with no advance registration required. Please bring both your UNC One Card and health insurance card. All clinic times listed below are from noon to 4 p.m.:
- Thursday, Sept. 30 – Genetic Medicine Research Building, Lobby
- Thursday, Oct. 7 – Giles Horney Building, Magnolia Room
- Friday, Oct. 15 – McColl Building, Graduate Student Lounge
- Friday, Oct. 22 – Koury Oral Health Sciences Building, Atrium Lobby
- Thursday, Oct. 28 – Medical Biomolecular Research Building, Main Lobby
- Friday, Oct. 29 – Michael Hooker Research Center, Lower Level Atrium
All flu clinics will be held indoors. Per the University’s COVID-19 Community Standards face masks are required while inside any University building.
Most health insurance plans offer flu vaccination with no copay. Campus Health is in-network with most major insurance plans, including the State Health Plan and Student Blue. See the Campus Health website for more information about health plans accepted. Campus Health does not accept Medicare plans. Please bring a copy of your insurance card. You will be billed for any out-of-pocket expense as determined by your insurance company. Flu vaccination is available for $40 for those without insurance.
If you do not obtain your flu vaccination on campus but obtain one through your primary care provider or at a community pharmacy or clinic, you can still self-report compliance using the following link. More information regarding UNC-Chapel Hill flu clinics and flu prevention is available at flu.unc.edu.
This year, the University is once again partnering with Alana’s Foundation to track our campus participation in a national university competition. Anyone vaccinated at an on-campus pharmacy or flu clinic will automatically have their vaccine counted for UNC-Chapel Hill.
This message is sponsored by: Environment, Health and Safety