Dear Carolina Students,
We’re pleased to announce that we are expanding our COVID-19 Testing program for all students in the Chapel Hill-Carrboro area. Beginning today, Campus Health will offer free, voluntary testing to on-campus and off-campus students at a new location, with a new, more comfortable test.
- WALK-IN and FREE Prospective Evaluation COVID Testing for Asymptomatic Students
- Where: Carolina Union Gallery Area, Outside of the Great Hall
- Who: On and Off-Campus Students who are asymptomatic and not close contacts
- When: Monday-Thursday 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.; Friday 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- How: New, more comfortable specimen collection method is saliva-based; no nasal swabs
- Parking: There will be 10 spaces reserved in the Undergraduate Lot (N8) Lot
Since we are utilizing a saliva-based testing method, we ask that you do not eat, drink, smoke or chew gum for 30 minutes before getting tested. You can find more information and detailed instructions about testing at the Campus Health website.
The Campus Health Testing Center will still be available for scheduled appointments for students who are symptomatic, or are close contacts of positive individuals or those who believe they have been exposed, from Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 12 noon and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
While testing is voluntary, it is important for all students who remain in the area to get tested weekly. Our hope is that the new central location, in addition to the more comfortable testing method, will make it even easier for you to get tested.
We have a responsibility to protect each other and the local community. Testing helps us limit the spread of COVID-19 by detecting cases and responding to them as early as possible. Please play your part in keeping everyone in our Carolina community safe and well. Together, we will beat this virus.
Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs